One of the parties to the marriage should be a Sri Lankan national and should give Notice of Marriage to the Embassy. (Forms are available at the Embassy).
- Valid passports with current visas of both parties should be produced.
- Original Birth Certificates with English translation of both parties
- Two (02) witnesses - should be Sri Lankan nationals with valid visas and valid passports at their presence. Witnesses should be known to the both parties.
- Both parties should submit following documents
a) If Unmarried - A certificate or a declaration on the unmarried status
b) Divorcee - Divorce Certificate and Free to Marry Certificate / s ( Should be certified Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Sri Lanka)
c) If widowed, the Death Certificate of your late spouse, your previous marriage certificate and Free to Marry Certificate
d) If you have changed your name, a Deed Poll (including divorcees who have reverted to their maiden names)
Following should be noted as well;
- Unmarried certificate / Free to Marry Certificate: - An affidavit / statutory declaration signed by a lawyer or Justice of Peace to confirm present status (un-married / free to marry). Separate affidavits for the period of time lived in different countries which are certified / legalised by the respective Foreign Office and attested by the Sri Lankan Mission accredited to that country.
- Unmarried Certificates of Sri Lankan nationals for the time lived in Sri Lanka should be attested by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Colombo.
- Unmarried Certificates of non Sri Lankan nationals should be certified by their respective Sri Lankan Foreign Mission in the country and legalized by the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Turkey.
- Residence Requirements: - Both parties should have lived in the Turkey for ten (10) or more days immediately prior to the date of giving notice of marriage.
Procedure for Registration of a Marriage
1. Notice of Marriage: - the Notice of Marriage Form should be completed in the presence of a Diplomatic Officer and signed by two (02) witnesses at presence at the Embassy.
2. Marriage Registration: - Any time after twelve (12) working days and before three (03) months of giving notice at the Embassy premises.
1st Notice of Marriage - 20 USD
2. Registration & issuance of a Marriage - 33 USD
Registrar General's Department
TP: 00 94 11 2393071